10km Ndakaini Half Marathon
The Green Belt Movement (GBM) participated in the 10km Ndakaini Half Marathon as an endeavour to support the sustainable supply of safe water to the Ndakaini Dam through conservation of the catchment area. Ndakaini Dam is supported by the Upper Tana—Nairobi water fund project, Murang'a County.
The Ndakaini Dam Environmental Conservation Association (NDEKA), have set a target of planting 10,000 trees each year to be planted within a ten year time frame.
Ndakaini Dam Facts
- Dam’s highest level is 2041 meters above Sea Level
- Capacity is 70,000,000 cubic meters
- Deepest end is 60 meters
- Surface area is 3 square kilometers
- Managed by the Nairobi Water and Sewerage Company Limited
- Supplies upto 70% of Nairobi City water